A kinesiologist writes in about a similar case that she was able to successfully treat. The case involved a seven-year-old boy who had been prescribed steroids for hair loss. But when our reader investigated the case, she found that the boy’s snack was being wrapped in silver foil, he had suffered shock after trapping his finger in a car door, and his father had taken little interest in him. Our reader corrected imbalances, suggested to the mother that she stop using aluminium foil, and treated the stress from the trapped finger. After six weeks the boy’s hair was regrowing without the need of steroids. Another reader feels it could be caused by a fungal infection, a point raised last time.