You’ve probably spent a lot of time planning your trip. Now, take some time making certain that your feet will take you everywhere you want to go.
Follow these steps to make walking easier:
- Don’t wear new shoes on your trip. Break them in before you leave home.
- Wear walking shoes that are lightweight. They should also have firm heels and provide good support for your feet and legs.
- Wear shoes with plenty of room for your toes. Choose those made from fabrics that breath, such as leather or canvas.
- The best socks to wear are made of orlon. Orlon absorbs excess moisture and keeps it away from your feet.
- Wear thongs or sandals at a pool or beach. They provide protection from broken glass or splinters, and help prevent contagious conditions like athlete’s foot.
- Be good to your feet. Elevate them if they are tired or swollen. Soak them in a solution of lukewarm water and mild detergent, or cool salt water. Try rolling your feet across a cold pop can. Afterwards, massage your feet with a moisturizer to help improve circulation.
- Don’t pop foot blisters. Let them break naturally. Then wash the area, apply an antibiotic cream, and cover with a band-aid.