The following recipe addresses the special diet considerations for:
anti-cancer; dairy free; glutenfree; vegan;
vegetarian; cardiovascular; low-fat.
Only halfway between sorbet and ice cream with real cream but all the way tasty. This ice cream contains no dairy products and is very low fat for a dessert. Also contains no refined carbohydrates. Will keep for several weeks in the freezer. Remember to thaw for about 20 minutes before serving.
- 2 12.3 oz (350 gr) packages silken tofu
- 6 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 6 tbs honey
- 3 tbs coldpressed canola oil
- 3 tbs pure cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla powder
1) Combine all the ingredients and whizz in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
2) Transfer the contents of the food processor to a cold proof dish and place in freezer. Take out and stir thoroughly every half-hour until the ice cream is firm. Even better, process the unfrozen ice cream in an electric ice cream maker.
Note: Measurements are provided in both U.S. and European/metric units.