Even with deep breathing there is still some lung capacity left following the exhalation. In this method the fullest extent of filling and emptying of the lungs is enacted. Breathe in until you think the lungs are filled. Then take in 3 more short breaths, to full lung capacity. Following the emptying of the lungs on the exhalation, expel three additional breaths. At both extremes, inhalation and exhalation, the benefit may be multiplied by briefly holding the breath.
- Health maintenance: 6 to 10 repetitions, 2 to 3 sessions per day.
- Health enhancement: 6 to 10 repetitions, 4 to 6 sessions per day.
- Disease intervention: Start slowly and build up to 15 to 20 repetitions, 10 to 15 sessions per day
- Getting started: 2 to 3 repetitions, once or twice per day. Remember to build up slowly, more is not better.
- Full Chest and Abdominal Breathing
- Every Seventh Breath Full and Relaxed
- Exhale to Compress the Organs
- Rapid Abdominal Breathing
- Abdominal Lift
- Alternate Nostril Breathing
|Relaxation Practices||Self Applied Massage||Movements and Postures||Home|