The following recipe addresses the special diet considerations for:
anti-cancer; low-fat; dairyfree; vegan; vegetarian; and is “good” for cardiovascular disease.
Serves 2 persons or makes two portions for 1 very hungry person.
Sometimes, it’s the simplest things in life that bring the most pleasure. This is one of them. It takes very little time to make and nourishes body, soul, and the tastebuds. The sesame and flax seed bring extra richness to the oatmeal and provide essential fatty acids with an almost 1 to 1 ratio of omega-3’s and omega-6’s. The oatmeal is also rich in calcium, despite being free of milk.
- 1 cup (2.25 dl) rolled oats
- 1-1/2 tbs whole sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 tbs flaxseed
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 2 cups (5 dl) boiling water
- honey or maple syrup
1) Combine rolled oats, sesame seeds, and flaxseed in a food processor fitted with a steel knife and process into a rough flour-like consistency.
2) Combine oats mixture, mashed banana, and boiling water in a small saucepan and place on high heat while continually whisking. Continue heating and whisking until the oatmeal has reached the desired thickness.
3) Serve immediately while hot. Add honey or maple syrup to taste.
Note: Measurements are provided in both U.S. and European/metric units.